I’ve been a member within the last 4 years (i.e. 2018 onward) and would like to renew my annual membership.
I used to be a member, but it’s been longer than 4 years (i.e. before 2018). I’d like to join again.
I’ve never been a member and I’d like to join the AAC(UK) for the first time.
The AAC(UK) has now joined other sections of the Österreichischer Alpenverein (ÖAV) to use the ÖAV’s central membership system. There is now a different process for renewing members and for new joiners..
Benefits for members:
Benefits for AAC(UK):
1. Please note that annual membership for
2022 starts on 1st January 2022. This is a change from previous
UK practice and brings us into line with Austrian policy. The
membership year runs from 01 January until 31 December.
2. Your membership fee depends on the age that you will be on the last day of the membership year for which you are paying.
3. An application on behalf of another person requires their express permission to use their data.
4. Applications for children must be submitted by an adult. If you are applying on behalf of a person under 18, you must be that person’s parent or legal guardian, or have the approval of their parent or guardian.
5. Online payment is via a credit or debit payment card only. If you do not wish to renew online, please contact the AAC(UK) Office, and they will assist you.
6. You will receive a confirmation email once your payment has been accepted. Email addresses from the Club may end in “alpenverein.at” or “aacuk.org.uk”. Please check any junk or spam folders for both addresses before contacting the AAC(UK) Office.
Need assistance registering for your My.Britannia account? See our FAQs for assistance.
|Full Adult||If you are an adult aged between 28 and 64 *||£57.00|
|Spouse/life-partner||If you are the spouse/life-partner of a current AAC(UK) Club member||£44.00|
|Child/Youth||If you are a child/youth aged between 0 and 18 *||£24.00|
|Junior||If you are a junior adult aged between 19 and 27 *||£44.00|
|Senior||If you are a senior adult aged 65 years or above *||£44.00|
|Disabled Person||If you are registered disabled (requires written evidence)||£24.00|
|Parent(s) are Members||If your parent(s) are members – see “Free membership ” below||£0.00|
* Your membership fee depends on the age that you will be on the last day of the membership year for which you are paying. The membership year runs from 01 January until 31 December.
Free membership is available for the following:
For children/youths aged between 0 and 18, if both parents are current AAC(UK) members then membership is free. This also applies to children/youths with a single parent or guardian who is a current AAC(UK) member. When applying on behalf of a person under 18, you must be that person’s parent or legal guardian, or have the approval of their parent or guardian.
For young adults aged between 19 and 27 who are in full-time education or are apprentices, if both parents are current AAC(UK) members then membership is free, provided that written evidence of status is sent to the AAC(UK) Office. This also applies to students/apprentices with a single parent or guardian who is a current AAC(UK) member.
Free membership ends for a student or apprentice if he/she marries or enters into a similar committed relationship.
Free membership is not available to children/youths or to students/apprentices with two parents where one parent is not an AAC(UK) member.
Renewal of membership – special rates
Special reduced renewal rates are available to some members who have been members for many years. These rates will be automatically applied at time of renewal.
Members living outside the United Kingdom postcode area will be charged an additional postal surcharge of GBP 6.00 (one surcharge per membership application).
With your AAC(UK) membership you can enjoy:
For further details about each benefit of the AAC(UK) membership see our Member Benefits page.